Monday, October 5, 2009

Baby Girl and the Pumpkin Patch!

This weekend, our newly crowned toddler, aka baby girl, got to head to the pumpkin patch with mommy and grandma! She had tons of fun. I, on the other hand, had to work, which was incredibly busy. Our census at the NICU has been full for the past 2 weeks now, so never a dull moment.

Working in a medical field, you really cannot disclose too much information about what happens at work due to federal privacy laws, but I can say that we have definitely seen an increase in twins and triplets lately.

When a set of multiples is brought into the NICU, it becomes very, very busy.

Other than that though, I had a great weekend. I love my job and the critical aspect of it!

Baby girl has had a runny nose going on a week now. Nothing serious, but I wish she didn't have to sleep with it. We have given her nose drops and left the humidifier on when she sleeps, which seems to help.

The good thing emerging from her runny nose is that she has learned to blow it in a Kleenex. In fact, she enjoys it. She starts laughing after she has blown everything out!

Here are several photos from the pumpkin patch adventure!

pumpkin patch

pumpkin patch

pumpkin patch

pumpkin patch

pumpkin patch

Today is also Not Me! Monday at MckMama's blog.
  • I did not open the refrigerator yesterday and notice 3 bottles of milk ready for the day's use. I did not fill each one up a little bit more with more milk because I thought baby girl would need more. And my wife did not think she was going crazy when the bottles magically filled themselves up.
  • I did not stop at a Quick Trip gas station on Saturday morning and get the 44oz Coke to wake myself up. Might as well have just eaten a cup of pure sugar.
  • And finally, I did not introduce my daughter to the movie Happy Feet. And baby girl definitely does not dance and try to sing along with the penguins when they do! SO CUTE!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

She is so cute! :) Looks like a fun day