Thursday, August 13, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spot

This week, at Kelly's Korner, we are to show our favorite vacation spots. Normally, I would choose anything that has to do with the beach, or maybe a cruise, but my absolute favorite isn't anywhere near a beach.

My family and I have been going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for over 20 years now. It is a tradition I have carried with me to my own family I have started. We stay at Red Bud Valley Resort every time. It is a beautiful little deluxe log cabin resort nestled in the Ozarks of Eureka Springs.

There is so much to do, there, including great shopping, great areas to explore and go hiking, as well as being a great place for live music and classic Victorian homes. It really is a great place to visit.

Some of the fun things you must do in Eureka Springs:
  • The Great Passion Play
  • Thorncrown Chapel (I saw several Kelly's Korner visitors got married here! It's beautiful!)
  • Jamborees and Hoedowns (They really are lots of fun!)
  • Downtown Eureka Springs for great shopping and food
The chapel at Red Bud Valley

The front porch of our cabin

Brittany and I downtown around Christmas time.

A guy had his pet monkey out for a walk and I got to meet him!

Brit and Savi napping in the cabin

Cozy in front of a warm fire!

The view from behind our cabin at Red Bud Valley

Paddleboats!

Looking down from the loft of our cabin into the living room.

4 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

this is one state I have never been too!

Amanda Rooney said...

I've never heard of Red Bud...but it looks like a great place for relaxation and quality family time!!

Katie Patterson said...

I love Christmas vacations!!! They are the best.

Shoshanah said...

I love the picture with the monkey! And the last picture of the cabin looks really nice, I'd love to stay there someday